Nervous for interview?

Okay so I applied for tons of jobs I’m 17, and I failed all of them. I get nervous and I don’t know how to answer the questions. And on my resume I lied about cooking I only had cooking class in school and barely didn’t listen. They want me as a cook and I got an interview with the culinary manager. I’m thinking about not going because I already know I’m going to fail. Plus I’m kind of antisocial and awkward. My interview is today and I need help!

Nervous... yes, sometimes we feel nervous because of negativity that hold us down and also lack of confident. We don't know if we say it right or wrong.

But there is a solution for that to be calm.... Just remember to be you at all times in the interview and never lie. Everything will in place. Good Luck! 

https://ouanobabemae122919.wixsite.com/abestnessva...

• Judy

Since you lied about what you have done, most likely you will be found out.

And that is one of the reasons to not LIE on a resume! Call them and say you can't make the interview now/want to withdraw your application...or if you do go then...i don't know...never lie on your resume, delete it off and put your true experience on there. it's down to you if you go along to your interview but in the end, if you lie, you will almost always get found out, eventually. Let this be a life lesson to you...DO. NOT. LIE. 

A sure way to not get hired is to misrepresent your training.  CALL and tell them you can't make the interview.  Ghosting them by not showing up takes their time,  which is an incredibly juvenile thing to do.  You are representing yourself,  don't be a stupid kid. Step up and cancel the interview. 

You have no reason to get nervous. You will either be hired or you won't. No big deal. Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

• Kyle

you should talk to your guidance counselor at school.  they should have resources to helping with job applications, resumes, etc.  maybe take a class on public speaking or impromptu speaking to get better at it.  

ask your parents or family for help or friends parents.  they can coach you and practice with you.  i've done that when i was younger and it helped a lot.  ask your parents to help your resume.

were you on good terms with any teachers, coaches, or extra curriculear activity leaders at school?  ask them in person if you can use their contact info as a reference.  since you don't have any work history, you will need that for them to vouch on your character and work ethic.  

• Maxi

Advice is if you do not go you are failing anyway .....second pices of advice is do not lie...... you are 17 yrs old you have zero life experience, zero work experience, so they know how old you are and they are still willing to interview you so it is not a job that need any experience, just someone who can follow instuction.... so go and go in with a positive attitude, likey they will ask what food you like, what food you can cook......and you can say your mother does the cooking but you can follow instuctions and a recipe, think about cooking class at school and a positive from them... so making a cake or making a meal  which was often done in small groups or pairs so that shows team work skills and tell them you are prepared to work hard and learn........ also learn that life is not always 'winning' you will face lots of failures and you learn from them and do it better next time......face your fear and it no longer is a fear as you conquered it...take the good from any event