Anonymous
Anonymous asked in SportsFootball (Soccer)English Football (Soccer) · 1 month ago

Is it more accurate to say that women’s soccer is simply of a different flavor than men’s? No better and no worse. Just a different flavor?

4 Answers

Relevance
  • Adam
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

No it's worse, by far. The top womens teams would struggle to compete with National League sides in the UK. However expecting the womens version of the game to be comparable is unrealistic. The mens game really began to grow in the early 1900's, the womens really only began that phase in the 70's-90's. It's a lot further behind in its development. It will develop quicker than the mens game due to the knowledge it can gain. However it still needs to become a viable place to earn a career and something girls play from pre-school, this will develop over time.

• August
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

What flavour ? Are you pissed anon ?

• CMD
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

It's football, never soccer. I don't give a **** where you are from or what the people in your backward developing nation say, do not disrespect my nations culture.

Women’s football is no where near the standard of men’s, and nor will it ever be. It’s basic genetics, men are built differently, in terms of bone structure and density and muscle mass. This makes them a strong specimen for physical achievement. And, while size in terms of height is not always a deciding factor in football, the above statements are irrespective of height. For example; yang xiaoli is three time world women’s boxing champion, she is 6ft, and fights in the heavyweight (81+kg) categories. Do you think she could bet Mike Tyson, even now, despite having height advantage over him? No because he can carry more muscle mass.

If women’s football was really worth anything then why did the current World Cup winners, the USWNT, lose to Dallas u16 youth team.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article...

Oh they USWNT weren't trying? really come on would you except this result of ANY men’s team against a lower level opponent ?

I am not saying Women shouldn’t or cant play football, I am saying that they do not do it as well as men.

• Ryan
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

But it is worse

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.