Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Yahoo ProductsYahoo Answers · 1 month ago

Do you think Yahoo need strong moderation for Yahoo Answers for the abusive and negative answers posted by some users?

Even some questions are posted to insult users who answer questions in a good way!

Carol Still we need a good moderators here or one of us can be made to keep the place good

Daniel wats the update for that? Actual staff hiring!

• .

Doesn't matter what we 'think', as that doesn't change what is currently happening. CLEARLY more users need to report violations so fewer of them are left in the display. Some users wanting that to happen, won't cause other users to start reporting.

.

Remember, YA is for information seeking questions (not to ask the opinion of the users here). Report violations when you see them. That's all any of us can do to try to clean up the place. 

I think no need for strong moderation

Grow up; a comment section does need to be "moderated" for "offensive" comments.  You don't like the comments, don't read them.  I find it amusing that the Yahoo apologists think cutting off Comments was a good idea, because it eliminated "toxic/hate" comments----all the while ignoring the fact that virtually everything Yahoo itself publishes in the run up to the election is nothing but toxic/hate, agenda-driven influencer-news that doesn't even pretend to represent objective journalism.  Yahoo's articles masquerading as "journalism" are more offensive than any Comment flame-out posted by some nobody.

I think Y!A is giving people their heads and letting them pretty much say what they want for now.  I also believe they took away commenting to keep huge flaming parties at a minimum leading into the elections.  They may have done this as a way of gauging the political climate at the moment. 

I'm grateful to Yahoo! for opening up the Answers platform and keeping censorship to a minimum so I can get a true picture of just how crazy the left really is.  They galvanized me into voting for Trump and I'm sure they've convinced plenty of others just how nasty America will be should the left win in November.

So for now, I wish to thank Yahoo! for its hands off approach to Answers for the time being.  But I think we need to look for a giant crackdown after the election dust settles.

Yes they did Before money was the Yahoo Motivator

• Daniel

What Yahoo needs to do which there not gonna they need to Hire Actual Staff to Moderate the Boards and not have it Community Moderated Because not everyone Reports the Correct things 

• Zirp

define "strong"

Every place on the internet needs moderating. Here on Y!A , the idea is that ordinary users all report all the abuse - as defined by the guidelines - that they see

Get off our troll site, you crybaby!  NOBODY likes you!

To effectively moderate YA, it would cost Verizon $2 to $5 Million dollars. Verizon is not going to spend that. It would be nice, but doubtful.

Exactly Where is Verizon doused to get the MONEY TO PAY all those?ten thousand or more employees and the hardware to support them?