Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Yahoo ProductsYahoo Answers · 1 month ago

Do you think Yahoo need strong moderation for Yahoo Answers for the abusive and negative answers posted by some users?

Even some questions are posted to insult users who answer questions in a good way!

Update:

Carol Still we need a good moderators here or one of us can be made to keep the place good

Update 2:

Daniel wats the update for that? Actual staff hiring!

10 Answers

Relevance
    Lv 7
    1 month ago
    Favourite answer

Doesn't matter what we 'think', as that doesn't change what is currently happening. CLEARLY more users need to report violations so fewer of them are left in the display. Some users wanting that to happen, won't cause other users to start reporting.

Remember, YA is for information seeking questions (not to ask the opinion of the users here). Report violations when you see them. That's all any of us can do to try to clean up the place. 

• 4 weeks ago

I think no need for strong moderation

• 4 weeks ago

Grow up; a comment section does need to be "moderated" for "offensive" comments.  You don't like the comments, don't read them.  I find it amusing that the Yahoo apologists think cutting off Comments was a good idea, because it eliminated "toxic/hate" comments----all the while ignoring the fact that virtually everything Yahoo itself publishes in the run up to the election is nothing but toxic/hate, agenda-driven influencer-news that doesn't even pretend to represent objective journalism.  Yahoo's articles masquerading as "journalism" are more offensive than any Comment flame-out posted by some nobody.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

I think Y!A is giving people their heads and letting them pretty much say what they want for now.  I also believe they took away commenting to keep huge flaming parties at a minimum leading into the elections.  They may have done this as a way of gauging the political climate at the moment. 

I'm grateful to Yahoo! for opening up the Answers platform and keeping censorship to a minimum so I can get a true picture of just how crazy the left really is.  They galvanized me into voting for Trump and I'm sure they've convinced plenty of others just how nasty America will be should the left win in November.

So for now, I wish to thank Yahoo! for its hands off approach to Answers for the time being.  But I think we need to look for a giant crackdown after the election dust settles.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 1 month ago

Yes they did Before money was the Yahoo Motivator

• Daniel
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

What Yahoo needs to do which there not gonna they need to Hire Actual Staff to Moderate the Boards and not have it Community Moderated Because not everyone Reports the Correct things 

• Zirp
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

define "strong"

Every place on the internet needs moderating. Here on Y!A , the idea is that ordinary users all report all the abuse - as defined by the guidelines - that they see

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Get off our troll site, you crybaby!  NOBODY likes you!

• 1 month ago

To effectively moderate YA, it would cost Verizon $2 to $5 Million dollars. Verizon is not going to spend that. It would be nice, but doubtful.

• 1 month ago

Exactly Where is Verizon doused to get the MONEY TO PAY all those?ten thousand or more employees and the hardware to support them?  

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.