Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 1 month ago

Why is junk food usually cheaper than healthy food?

11 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago
    Favourite answer

Because the ingredients like trans fats are super cheap to produce. However, they're bad for your skin and very high chance of diabetes. Booooo. Go for foods that don't have TransFats.

• donnie
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

Because it’s cheap to make. 

• 1 month ago

Quite simply because junk food is far less expensive to make and it has a high profit margin

• 1 month ago

I Dont like junk foos.. It is dengares on Health 

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 1 month ago

I don't think so junk food is cheap but if you eat from stall may be it is it's all because of demand and supply chain simple.

Thanks and have a nice day.

• Audrey
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

The other users gave great answers. I just want to know why junk food is so delicious and "so called healthy food" tastes like crap.

• 1 month ago

Junk food is actually in general at best just as cheap if not more expensive than healthier foods.  It tends to be junk food is more convenient.

• 1 month ago

Junk food often has preservatives and can sit on a shelf for weeks, months, and sometimes even years. Fresh food can go bad within days and is rarely good after several weeks. 

In Germany, healthy food choices are subsidized by the government. So if you were go to a grocery store in Germany a carton of milk and an apple would be significantly cheaper than it is in the United States. Less healthy food options like potato chips and cookies would cost more because there's no subsidy from the government to produce these items. As a result of this, German people will often choose healthier foods because it's significantly cheaper. Whereas in the United States it's the exact opposite.

• Barry
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

That's a misconception.  Junk food i.e., fast food is not cheap and is sh!t.  Healthy food has to be prepared at home and has real nutritional value.

• 1 month ago

It is mass produced which means production is stream lined involving less labor. 

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.