Survey: Do you think the military or police have  the harder job?

• Gag Me

The police. They never know what they're gonna deal with and unless we are at war most people in the military deal with only the same thing every day.

• F

The military has the potential to be much worse if there’s a conflict of some sort, but I would say police in big cities have it worse. However , I live in a mainly rural community with just small towns and villages dotted around. The police do t have it too hard. Few drunks on a Saturday night ( pre Covid), farm thefts and domestics mainly.

Hardest thing they have to deal with are road accidents which can be fatal due to bad roads and or weather.

Police as they are at it day in day out, facing  dangerous situations. The military only really occasionally gets involved in conflict. 

Police , they have no respect whatsoever and are treated worse than the criminals they have to deal with. The Army are heroes and rightly so. Our Police are tarnished by the bad eggs and today's police do not deserve it as they do so much for our communities  above and beyond. 

I  was threatened by one in the 90's for walking on the same street and seen the same one punching a male in the back seat of a car months later, psycho. 

• ree

That's on a case by case basis. When I was at an age where either would have taken me, I wasn't interested. At age 56 I was an expert video game player and knew I could excel at something like flying a drone but I was too old for the military. 

• Murzy

police                            .

I figure that the police have it harder, due to the endless protests against their abuse.  

• Rick

as retired Army AND my oldest son is a cop. I'd say military just because you have to  spend so much time away from your family ..

Police all the military does is sit around all day and rape women