Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Social SciencePsychology · 1 month ago

What Would You Do In My Situation?

Started having feelings for my friend who is now my business partner (?). He is not single and am taking it as he doesn't want to date me yet those weren't his exact words. Even with that the feelings I've been having are still there. The feelings gets more noticable when/ after we talk more.

Did tell him how I felt before the business partner thing yet told him I was working getting over it/ pretty much over it more recently. Yet the feelings I had showed up again most notably during/after a long talk with him after that. Want to get over these feelings yet am not sure how to get rid of them other than by not talking much/ at all. How do I do that when we need to talk since we do business stuff together? ;_; 

Do you think it is most beneficial tell him how I'm still feeling, make more space between us without giving the reason or? Not sure what to do at the moment. What do you think? Any thoughts/ ideas are much appreciated. 

Thanks for reading. :')

(They are boy friend/ girl friend. And we are both 22 btw.)

(And do not want to cause any problems between them of course.)

(Also no money has been involved. Only art.) :v

• Ashley

I think you should tell him. There might be a chance he feels the same way. Feelings don’t just go away especially when he’s apart of your life. It might give you a heavy weight lifted off your shoulder once he knows. 

How foolish to even think about getting emotionally involved with someone you do business with.  Business and pleasure should be kept well apart.  A falling out (especially as he's married) is bound to happen and where will your financial security be then?  He shouldn't be discussing dating with you either.  If he is saying things like that then he's as foolish as you.  If you can get out of this business partnership now before anything happens, then do so because it will all end in tears.

I'd recognize that if I can't control my feelings and keep them to myself I shouldn't be in business with this guy. If you keep talking about this and going back and forth on it (especially since he's not available) you're going to doom any chance of making this business a success. 

• T J

Maybe his wife can give you some ideas.