Long car parking ?

Apparently a 16yr old can’t ask for ******* advice. I have a long car, longer than a parking space by 8 inches. I want to use it as a daily but i don’t want to hit any cars or get hit while parking. Can someone please help me like any advice. 

You do it the same way I used to park my 26 foot bobtail truck; you estimate the space, look around as you maneuver your vehicle just like all the other driving you learned to do. Being 16 years old is not a big deal. Being 6 years old would be a big deal. I don't know what word you used that shows all asterisks, but that might be the trouble with asking for advice and not getting it. You can park in a space that's long enough for your car and you can't park in a space that's too short. When I was 16 I parked my dad's 1963 Pontiac Catalina (long mofo) the same way I parked my mom's 1961 Mercury Comet. One thing worrisome though these days is spaces are often striped *narrower* than they were in the 1960's when so-called compact cars were still much bigger than today's Corollas. Practice parking what you have, or start saving for a Yaris or motorcycle.  

When I have to park in especially tight parking lots, what works best for me is to back into the space. It's much easier to line up the vehicle with the slot, then pivot the front of the car to the lines you meed to park between, while backing. That's also a boon when you're leaving the space, and do that driving forward with best view of other vehicles and especially pedestrians who always try to run across your pathway....pestdestrians, wishing they can sue you for hitting them.

Driving a larger vehicle sometimes means having to plan a little more (and occasionally park further away and walk).

I used to sometimes have to drive long-bed trucks at one of my old jobs - and I would generally try to find places to park that didn't involve having to squeeze into smaller lots, or having to do excessive amounts of maneuvering.

I would park at the periphery of lots if possible - out away from everyone else, and if a lot was too tight, I would find someplace else to park (while being careful not to get towed).

Good luck!

So find a spot out of the way of traffic and walk. It is the path you chose, so deal with it.

• Erik

I don't think sticking out by eight inches would be a problem.  It depends on the situation.  But people will just have to go around.

• Anton

You need to know your car.  Parking, guess how far you are from something, go out and look.  Do it again.  Other places.  Keep working until you can place you car within 2 inches from anything.  It takes time to learn, but means you can park places others, smaller vehicles, cannot. 

i would ask the dmv about it

It's foolish to have a big car in a congested city with small parking spaces. Sell it and get a small car. 

• Ron

You seem to think you're special.  Anyone that drives a four door pickup has the same problem

cUT 8 INCHES OFF THE CAR.......

• A.J.

It's nothing to do with your age. There is no way to make a car shorter in length. The car will be a problem that it cannot fit in standard spots.