Survey: What has been your favorite and least favorite job you have had?

My absolutely favorite was being a Pre-school teacher.

I  loved it.......kids at that age are just wonderful. 

Worst job ever,  was working in a rock quarry.   It was absolutely soul crushing work,  in staggering heat. 

I strongly believe they need to bring back  chain gangs in prison, and make prisoners crack rocks for 10 hours a day. 

They would BEG for the death penalty after a year or two. 

Least favorite was while working at a place that manufactured rubber door stops and telephone shoulder rests.  We worked straight through with no breaks.  (They claimed it's not required by law in my state to provide breaks for employees, and somehow they got away with this.)  The boss was on this huge ego/power trip.  Because we used large furnaces/ovens to cure the products, it was always hotter than hell in that place.  

Most favorite?  Hmm.....  probably the contracted, short term job I had driving all over the state, going to various bank branches and installing equipment in their server rooms.  The company would provide me went a rental car and hotel if I was traveling to someplace that was out of town.  The pay was excellent.  You might say I was very, very spoiled for a little while.  Unfortunately it was only a temp job.  Once all the sites were updated, the job ended.

It wasn't the job; it was the vile person I had to work for.

• Kathy

Best was at a shoe factory.

Worst was beet inspection at a canning factory.

• Ironically the same job at two different places have been the best and the worst for me,because of the environments.It was being a content writer.