Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Cars & TransportationSafety · 1 month ago

What to do when car is long?

I’m 16 and I bought a 1975 caddy eldorado and it’s 18’8” and an average parking spot is 18’. I wish to use it to go back and forth from school but I’m worried about it, any workarounds or something?

• Anton

That parking spot is *average*, many vehicles are longer.

A new F150 crew cab is 19'4" or 20'4", depending on the bed.

You are young, stupid, got a full sized American car.  Good.

Learn how to drive it.  Learn how to park it.

Until to learn, you will have to stop and get out of the damn car and SEE where the car actually is.

Don't plan on parking in the front row, close to the door.  Park away from everybody, where parking is not congested.  Simple.

Just park wherever you want, and when somebody complains, say, "Like, whatever dude." That usually works.

You'll get used to the size but don't get fancy about what kind of spaces you can squeeze it into, the big doors add an extra degree of difficulty. Park where it makes sense and get used to walking the rest of the way! 

So - you think there's an app to make it fit??  Sorry sonny.

Press here and it will shrink 10%. Or stop worrying about it.