fluffy asked in Cars & TransportationRail · 1 month ago

How do changes on trains work?

I bought a train ticket yesterday using trainline and the train im getting on has 3 changes. Ive never been on a train with changes before so i dont really understand and im going alone. Am i supposed to have 3 different tickets for each train or is it the same ticket each time because i only have one ticket that says where im leaving to where im getting off it doesnt have the names of the changing trains?

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 6 days ago

Ask for help at the station

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Which country are you in? Indeed in the UK it can be complex because it can be cheaper to split the journey.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Your ticket is good for the entire trip.  Ask the conductor on the train to explain it to you.

• Jon
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Your ticket is for the whole journey, regardless of the number of different trains you travel on in the process.

It does not have the specific trains marked on it as unless it is an Advance ticket you can use it on various different trains that day, to suit the time you want to travel. If it is an Advance ticket then as well as the ticket you should have a reservation confirmation stating which trains you must use. 

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • CB
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Get to the train station a little early and ask the customer service person or ask the conductor once on the train to help you understand what you need to do. 

• 1 month ago

You have one ticket, that's all you need.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.