Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Consumer ElectronicsTVs · 2 months ago

How can I view my computer on my smart tv?

I want to look at google earth on a large screen.  I have a Surface Pro and a new Toshiba smart TV.  Is there a free software I can get?  

I looked up some apps but they all look specifically designed to mirror apple devices.  Surface is not an apple device.  Is the HDMI cable the easiest way?  Or might it not work?  

Connect it with a VGA cable for just video. Use an HDMI cable for video and audio. HDMI cables are quite expensive.

Yes, HDMI cable is the best option.

The easiest way is to use a monitor chord and to plug the sound in from the computer sound output. I have done with very successfully. 

Yes, HDMI cable is the best option.

I have my gaming PC hooked up to my 4k TV with HDMI cable

The best way is to use a wired connection, like an HDMI cable. I'm not sure if the Surface Pro has a standard HDMI connector; you may need to buy an adapter. There are ways to wirelessly cast your laptop (or Surface in this case), but they aren't ideal due to a noticeable delay.

if you put this on the search bar it might tell you how

There's an app called Toshiba Screen Mirroring that's available in Microsoft's app store.  If it works with your TV model, it should allow you to connect wirelessly and use the TV as a secondary screen or mirror the Surface.

You need an adapter like this    https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/surface-mini-dis...

you might be able to find that info online