Drew asked in PetsRodents · 1 month ago

When is the best time to release a hamster?

I have two hamsters. They’re called Drew Murty and Mr MacWee. I’ve noticed that they don’t seem to like each other. It’s a shame but I don’t think they can cohabit any longer. I’m going to release Mr MacWee into the wild. 

When is the best time to do this? I’m thinking as hamsters are nocturnal then early evening, just as the son has set would be best. 

Should I just release him in my back garden, or will he come back in the house if I do this? Would I be better to drive him into the countryside before releasing him?

8 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago
    Favourite answer

Daybreak. So they can see. To have time to find a hiding place. They might have a chance to live. For a short while. 

• 3 weeks ago

Just get a second cage and keep him!

• 4 weeks ago

first off, hamsters aren’t supposed to be housed together, they are solitary animals, and are very territorial. second off, releasing a pet into the wild just because you don’t want to deal with it is the most ignorant and irresponsible thing to do. i suggest giving it to a friend or someone who will actually take care of it.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Omg! Polish up the report button. The creepy Drew Murty troll is back.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

Don't feed the troll

Reported

SPAM

Don't feed the troll

Reported

SPAM

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Is this for real?  I don't think it will survive in the wild.  You might want to ask a vet about what to do.  

• 1 month ago

DO NOT release your pets into the wild just because you do not want to deal with them. That is so ignorant.

<answer cleared by Yahoo! censors>

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

You should release them on day break to avoid underground predators

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.