Meryl asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 1 month ago

Why does my fiance want to overeat?

so growing up he was fat cuz his mom made him so much effing food and he ate it, during high school he got fit cuz well duh he wanted to get laid. I got with him 4 yrs ago and he became 60lbs over weight, and i begged him for about 2 yrs to lose weight and he never cared. 4 months ago I bribed him with a gaming computer,  and  so far he's lost 43lbs, but all he wants to do is freaking overeat and it bothers me because I care about his health and I dont want him to be fat,, I know yall are gonna be rude about that,, but thats how I am.. I dont understand how anyone can eat when their not hungry? Why does he want to overeat? And what can i do to not freaking care, like he'll be rude and say "if you don't do this ....im gonna go buy 2 pizzas and eat them in front you " stuff like that and he knows it upsets me. And he tells me to get over it that he's gonna overeat if he wants whenever he wants and he dont give a damn what I say or think. 

fiance huh? good luck marrying this dude, this dude that doesn't "give a damn" what you say or think all because he holds food as a top priority over you. looks like a very unhappy relationship in the near future if not already right now. 

Many people have eating disorders and obviously, he's one of them. He actually needs help.

I agree with you that he is eating too much and bad for his health but he will not listen to what you say, only option you have is tell him it is over because he wont live long being overweight - my partner was very overweight and would not listen to what I said, he got a shock when he ended up in ER one night with severe chest pain and thought he was having a heart attack but it turned out to be bad indigestion but it made him see sense and he decided to cut out the junk food, he has lost 82lbs and a lot healthier, he still has about 20lbs to lose

Seeing that you have seen his performance in the weight game for 4 years, and that you do not like him being overweight (and who can blame you for that?), I am more than surprised that you are still with him.

The gaming computer will just encourage him to sit motionless for longer, not burning off those calories.   Forget your investment in that computer, forget him.

• Lili

You can't force people to lose weight, and if you pressure them, they are liable to resist and fight back by overeating out of sheer anger and in order to make it clear that you don't control them.

That's so obvious I can't believe you didn't figure it out yourself.

He will lose weight if HE wants to lose.  In the meantime, shut up about it.  Attend to your own health and weight.  Perhaps by ceasing to pressure him and modeling healthy behavior you might inspire him to take care of himself.

And get an education.  You really don't seem to be very bright. At least learn how to write English correctly.

Why - there are many reasons people overeat.

Some overeat out of boredom.

Some overeat out of stress or anxiety.

Some overeat just because they love the taste of the food and always want more.  

Some even have a combination of those reasons.

If he isn't ready to take care of himself, then you need to decide between accepting him for who and what he is or moving on to a new relationship.  Spending too much time nagging someone about the habits they have will end up ruining the relationship anyway - so if you can't accept him the way he is - food flaws and all - then it is time to move on and try again with someone else.

Try to get him to sh*t more.  Sh*tting is the most effective way to lose weight.

• Bryce

Dump fat-boy and let him go down the road to obesity.  Who wants to date a big tub of lard?

He loves food. And I can tell you from experience, a persons relationship with food is a very real thing. If his weight bothers you THAT much, you need to let him go and find a skinny stick who will enjoy eating lettuce leaves with you.