Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Social ScienceDream Interpretation · 1 month ago

I get a satisfying sleep only if I dream.What should I do to have dreams, I mean any specific technique?

You can stimulate your mind before you eat dinner, that tends to work. Reading or doing something similar to homework helps, exercise helps most people. Praying and singing songs before bed also. Also, what you eat. Not just cheese, but turkey and chicken right before bed, a little bit of chocolate, I mean like no more than 4 small bite size or treat size pieces, vegetables before bed or fruits if your body craves them, also, dancing or doing something safe and creative before bed, also helps. 

I think you are lucid dreaming. It's when your half asleep/half awake. You can control everything when you're lucid dreaming. However when I dream or have a nightmare, it's random and I usually forget what it was about. I never forget my lucid dreams though.

• amy

Everyone dreams every time they sleep. It just depends on what part of the rem cycle you wake up in to whether you remember the dreams or not.

Sleep studies have been around the world, and one thing we have learned from these studies is that human beings all dream.  You may not remember your dreams, like me who never remembers them, but I'm able to cope well in the real world, so I know I have dreamed.  If your tried to live without sleep, you would just drop down from exhaustion after 2 or 3 days.  The body needs sleep and dreams to heal itself so it can go on for the rest of the day, or night, etc.  This is not just my opinion.  This is science info from the sleep studies done in many different countries. Your exhaustion may come from staying awake for other reasons, perhaps unresolved issues that keep popping into your mind.  Take care of them, and you will be able to have a sound sleep. I wish you well. 

• You dream, but you don't always remember them.  There are a number of possible reasons, but one is that you're not getting enough vitamin B6.  It occurs naturally in potatoes, chickpeas, pork, turkey and beef - or you could try a supplement.