Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Beauty & StyleMakeup · 1 month ago

Why don't women just accept that their physical appearance is who they are and putting on makeup is just hiding the truth ?

Some women cake it on so thick that you know they’re hiding something hideous underneath. They paint themselves up like hookers

Makeup is not for "hiding ugly," it's for "enhancing beauty." 

In a way I think that due to all the stimulation that has been seen in entertainment as far as appearances go. Maybe it creates a dilemma where women feel like they need to compete and certain men approve, fueling the makeup movement.

Why don't men accept their jawline it's who they are and having a big beard is just hiding the truth.

I think the social stigma says that makeup is just woman trying to hide.

To me, it isn't about that at all. I don't wear makeup for anyone else except myself. Its fun for me, and makes me feel more confident. At the same time though, most of the time I don't wear any makeup. 

Either way Im the exact same person, makeup or not, and I hope that other people can also see me for more than my looks, and see my face with makeup on it as more than just "hiding".

Maybe we should pay more attention to the quality of the person and not if they are wearing makeup or not to determine their character.

• L

Most of us do, however, there are quite a few who think they're ugly without makeup.

They don't accept themselves and surrounded by contemptous people.

I am a 23 year old woman and I don't use make up I don't have oily skin, pimples, marks, etc. People often tells me i got good skin (even my moms dermatologist I believe make up can but not always depends on how much and how applied it can make you look cheap or attention wanting! But I DO NOT wear make up! ONLY chap-stick tbh. 

• kelvin

how about you accept the fact that they don't care what you think

if you wanna go there, than why not we all walk around naked and accept our God given naked body?  Same reasons we don't want people to see our flaws thats why people are willing to go under the knife and spend lots of money to alter their looks.  Sometimes the better looking you are the better you are treated