Why there is no EGR Valve in corolla car?

i have 2008 toyota corolla and according to my search there is no egr valve in this car. but why? it is almost in every car and burn the gas which are not burn in engine or to reduce the temperature before reaching catalytic converter.

I had a FORD TAURUS with NO EGR valve as well! The PURPOSE of it is to reduce NITROGEN pollution by REBURNING burnt gas to keep the FUEL WARMER! That's ALL it does! I usually DISCONNECT IT or PLUG it after installing DENSO TT IRIDIUM LASER plugs The PREICISION of engine TIMING and precision of FUEL INJECTION ca reduce the NEED for a n EGR VALVE! IT stands for EXHAUST GAS RECIRCULATION! IT REDUCES fuel mileage and POWER< so WHY USE IT! IRIDIUM plugs burn MORE fuel MORE completely! OLDER car engine were NOT very precisely made! IT took TIME for specification to be more like NASA precis. There are MANY ways to REDUCE nitrogen pollution and the INSTALL or IRIDIUM plugs is ONE way to do so! EGR valves RUIN POWER or reduce it. ANOTHER WAY is to CHILL THE FUEL! Mercedes has used this for more than THIRTY YEARS! In other words using the AC gets MORE MPG! I thought I invented this and i was going to PATENT IT! TOO LATE! Benz ALREADY did this! EGR"s make the combustion chamber DIRTY with BURNT FUEL! I do NTO like it! BYE NOW!

The EGR valve has been replaced in most cars with three way catalytic converters. Modern fuel injection can control the fuel air ratio so closely that the cat can be used to reduce NOx.

The EGR valve was never designed to re-burn emissions in the exhaust, it's purpose is to cool the heat of combustion by diluting the intake charge. Engines without EGR valves are more efficient.

• Ron

Just because it doesn't have an EGR valve doesn't mean the exhaust gases aren't being taken care of

so why other company use egr, they can remove it to save money. toyota is sedan car and even small car use the egr.

• .

Some engine designs do not need an EGR valve.