When Christians say bring praying back to school, do they mean Christian praying or every other religious praying too?

1. Firstly, praying was never taken away from public school. The point of Supreme Court is that a teacher can not lead a praying cause he/ she works for the government.. 

2. If u want praying  before class including all stuff members of the school, enroll in private catholic school

3. Who gives a dam that it makes some children to feel good to pray? Drugs make some people feel good so lets legalize cocain , speedball and Heroin.

10 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

There is much praying going on during exams.

• Nous
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

School is for education not indoctrination!

It was not too long back when schools taught comparative religions giving a fair appraisal of many religions and at that time prayer was also used. Then the Christians demanded that only Christianity be taught and as everyone knows that is against the constitution so religion and prayer were removed!

The reason for the call for religion to be taught or prayers allowed is just lazy parents unwilling to take their kids to church before or after school?!

• Archer
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Prayer was never actually removed from schools. Only compulsorily prayer was. Not all follow the Christian god hence not all "need" to ratify their choice in the gods, or version of such!

• 2 months ago

They usually mean Christian prayer.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 2 months ago

I was with you up to your third point, but in fact drugs of that kind need to be legalised.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

They want to return to the good old days of the '50s

• 2 months ago

In Jesus Christ name I pray God that Dope goes away and I hope they bring back prayer 🙏 in class, is was so much fun when we would pray that n class for our meals in Jesus name amen 

• I think the kids should take turns. They can do a Christian prayer one day, a Muslim prayer the next day, a Jewish prayer after that, and of course, a Wiccan circle every Sabbat.

• 2 months ago

IF SCHOOLS WISH TO HAVE A SILENT PRAYER TIME IT IS OK AND EACH kid could do what they wish...but really at home is great to pray too.

• 2 months ago

When Christians want to bring back school prayer, they mean specifically Christian prayer.  Their screams of outrage would be heard miles away if any other religion's prayer were said in a school.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.