Why fat people say that they are born that way?

1. I think it comes from American culture where being fat is genetic, being religious is  and being gay is a choice.

Its an excuse. Many fat people for whatever reason don't want to own up to why they are fat which I don't understand. As a fat person myself I know its because I eat too much and I don't feel a need to come up with some excuse for it. No medical condition causes obesity either. They can make someone more likely to become overweight or obese but that will only happen if they eat too much. 

"being religious is"

Is what?

"being gay is a choice"

I am not sure if this was sarcastic or not but being gay is not a choice. 

• Cogito

Okay - that's 1.  Where are 2, 3, etc?

There's no point at all asking why some people say some things.  Who can say?

But some people ARE born larger than average or have inherited a tendency to become obese.  Some are born with medical conditions which cause obesity.

What does 'being religious is' mean?  Religions are taught and accepted by gullible people as the truth.

Being gay is not a choice - a small percentage of all humans, animals and birds are born homosexual.  It's jst a normal and natural variation.