Is there anything called as truth in this world? How do i know what is true and false?

16 Answers

Relevance
  • 3 weeks ago

Thank you for the question. I have a personal goal to show people how to understand the difference. The simple answer is that there is very little you can know for certain is false or true, maybe nothing other than your own existence, but when you break up complex arguments into the most simple premises and logic, you will come closer to finding the truth.

• Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

William Hjortsberg said, "The truth is an exceedingly elusive quarry."

• Shahid
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

You are the greatest truth there is for you in your life. Know thyself! You might have heard many times, but what it means? The best way to know what is truth is through knowing yourself. What is true and what is false? What is right and what is wrong? If you need answers to these questions the first consider realistically what you like and what you dislike - an exploration into yourself. Next, try your best to do what you really like and then truthfully face the consequence each time, and soon you will know what is right and what is wrong. It is the experience of right and wrong that gives a man knowledge himself, and it his eventual choice of the right that leads him along the path of truth.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Because if you find the truth “it will set you free”. I believe that’s from the Bible. Anyway, I find it to be true. You will just instinctively know when you find the truth. Because it will make you feel liberated. Even if nobody agrees with you. Even if you are oppressed and made to suffer because other people tell you it’s wrong. Even in pain you can be liberated by the truth,  Don’t forget that final scene in the movie “Braveheart”. That’s the kind of thing I’m talking about. Christ also understood this on the cross. Freedom.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 1 month ago

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Book_of_the_Dead

Death is a truth because everyone is eventually facing it. Truth is unavoidable. Whatsoever you do or think, you will work them out. The problem is about non-truth or non-false. That is those not true nor not false. For those cases, you can only depend on your sense - sake your enjoyment.

• 1 month ago

IF you are not answering this in the concrete you will never answer in the abstract. Right now there are good and bad choices before you, based on Truth. If you pass on picking you will descend into the dark

You could read Newman's Grammar of Assent

• 1 month ago

Yes. If you have ever played a quiz game with true and false answers, you will recognize that some of our world is made up of truth. Than there are things like axioms in mathematics which are fundamental forms of truth for representing the quantitative nature of reality/physics. There are scientific facts on each plane of existence, from quantum to astronomical. To find out more about that last fact, read my book "On Being and Consciousness."

• 1 month ago

Jesus Christ is the way, the TRUTH and the life.  No one comes to the Father but by Him.  Refer to John 14:6. 

Source(s): The Gospel of John (recommended reading)
  • 1 month ago

Nothing is truth with televisions and the government. The only truth i believe is jesus

• 1 month ago

Are you asking if there's absolute truth?  Yes, there is.    If one claims there is no such thing as absolute truth, that is, in fact, an absolute truth.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.