Should a sister-in-law pastor at a church? Could she also ask if i could sing "Amazing Grace" on some Sundays? 🎤🎶?

She asks her congregation if anyone wants to sing a solo. It remains silent, but it can't always be me every Sunday. Some church members may know the song.

4 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 months ago

She shouldn't.  Christ hasn't allowed that yet.

• Nous
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Corinthians 14:34-35.

34 women should remain silent in the churches. They are not allowed to speak, but must be in submission, as the Law says.

35 If they want to inquire about something, they should ask their own husbands at home; for it is disgraceful for a woman to speak in the church.

1Ti 2:11 Let the woman learn in silence with all subjection.

1Ti 2:12 But I suffer not a woman to teach, nor to usurp authority over the man, but to be in silence.

• 2 months ago

No.  The Bible commands that women are not to be Pastors.  God has created roles for men and women and women are not to have the role of Pastor.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Heeding a female preacher is like Adam heeding Eve.

Same results

1 Timothy 2:11-15 KJV — Let the woman learn in silence with all subjection. But I suffer not a woman to teach, nor to usurp authority over the man, but to be in silence. For Adam was first formed, then Eve. And Adam was not deceived, but the woman being deceived was in the transgression. Notwithstanding she shall be saved in childbearing, if they continue in faith and charity and holiness with sobriety.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.