Is it best for me to drop out of college?

Hi, I am a financial aid student. Financial aid only covers associates degrees and bachelors degrees. With financial aid, I got my associates degree in liberal arts and sciences. Also with financial aid, I have been pursuing my bachelors degree in women, gender, and sexuality studies for three years now. I am currently in my senior year, I only need to complete 4 more classes to get my bachelors degree. I originally wanted to be a women, gender, and sexualities professor but I no longer want that. Should I drop out so that I still have the choice to use financial aid to get a bachelors degree in another major? Or is it best to have a bachelors degree just for the sake of having a bachelors degree despite the fact that I will not be doing anything with it related to the WGSS major? Thank you.

• Ben

Not really because college tuition is an investment which can eventually lead you to a better paying job.

1st, look up your grant usage at nslds.ed.gov - you have a maximum Federal Pell Grant usage of 600% - if you're at 550% that means you have ONE full-time semester left, BA or no.  Next, speak with your advisor.

Yes                   

• MS

Financial aid does not only cover undergraduate degrees, but graduate aid is more limited.  However, if you are not happy in your current major you should absolutely consider changing majors to one that you would enjoy more and one that would help you establish a career that you want. 

• Expat

Talk to your financial aid office about changing majors. Don’t drop out. 

So you only want to go where someone else pays? This is where Starbucks get their employees.

• .

What a waste of time and money.  Yes, please drop out and get a job bagging groceries or flipping burgers.