carol asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 3 months ago

Is IKEA socialist PROPAGANDA ?

IKEA is a swedish furniture company ...... Sweden is INFAMOUSLY KNOWN FOR SOCIALISM . And socialism= communism in disguise. Should I return my bedroom set ? What true American furniture stores are out there #GodBless

Is IKEA state-owned? If it is state, it would be socialist.

--  Sweden is a capitalist country with a capitalist economy and has a centralist government. Sweden may have excellent low cost available healthcare and low cost education and an excellent social service/welfare system, BUT that is not socialist. These things are what any government of any political ideology from far right fascism to far left communism SHOULD supply to their people.

--  IKEA is a company seeking profits for their owners, and therefore is strongly capitalist.

• ?

Ikea is also far more known for meatballs, which I will never wrap my head around. (Apparently for some it is more than just a furniture/decor store.)

• ?

Most IKEA items are not made in Sweden. Most are Chinese. Which of course is a COMMUNIST country. So now you know. BTW, I love IKEA stuff. 😉 

Yes, a private company in a market economy that follows the profit motive... sure sounds socialist to me!

• ?

What is wrong with you??

• kswck2

I have to wonder how Much of the profits from IKEA actually GO to the Swedish people.  

Get help. Really.

Ikea makes some very nice furniture, and their sell it in a very capitalistic manner.