If it’s illegal to drive with headphones on, then when you’re talking on the phone while driving they tell you to wear headphones?

They tell you to wear headphones?

But don’t wear headphones?

I've never heard of anyone saying you should wear headphones while talking on the phone whilst driving

Talking on the phone while driving is distracting, whether you use  headphones, and whether you use a hand-held phone or a hands-free phone.

I strongly suggest that you should not try to talk on the phone if you are driving.

Music is louder than conversation and the sound is continuous, so drivers cannot hear the sirens of police, ambulance and fire trucks.

• garry

why ask us , laws vary from state to state , use your brain and ring car rego and find out . what a stupid question .

In my state, you can use 1 earbud only to listen to your phone. Headphones and dual earbuds are illegal. 

http://www.trafficlawyerny.com/articles/illegal-to...

Not sure about your country but over here it’s advised to pull over to talk on the phone. But if you can’t then you need to use speakerphone or CarPlay 

• Tony B

But neither of the things you say is true - it's not illegal to wear headphones whilst driving and “they” don't tell you wear headphones whilst talking on the phone.

Added, I see I got some thumbs down. I wonder why? I double checked in case I was wrong but I'm not. There is NO specific law that forbids wearing headphones whilst driving But, obviously, a person could be accused of “driving without due care and attention” if the headphones caused a problem.

I've never ever heard of anyone suggesting that headphones should be worn when using a phone in ANY circumstances. The only kind of mobile phone a driver is allowed to use in the UK is a “hand's free” one. Years ago this involves using an earpiece and mic (but not headphones!) but nowadays Apple and Android phones can be an integral part of the car's infotainment system - nothing at all needs to be worn and the phone just needs to be in the car.

If you people really are so confused about the law you shouldn't be driving.

Something about your question doesn't make any sense.