When the USA became Christian Nation?

1. Conservatives claim that liberals are godless people who want to take god's name out of government.

2. Majority of Americans are Christians so godless people can not be in the USA? So majority of Americans have degrees, so whoever does not have it get the **** out of this country.

3. God we trust on dollar bill? it was added during cold war since the USSR was atheist nation. 

4. U want to bring God back to school? your god or all the other gods?

5. U want decision of the supreme court to be based on christian principles then move to Iran .

8 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 months ago

"When the USA became Christian Nation?"

The USA is not, nor ever has been a Christian nation even though it was founded on many Christian principles.

"1. Conservatives claim that liberals are godless people who want to take god's name out of government."

Really bad generalization.

"2. Majority of Americans are Christians so godless people can not be in the USA? So majority of Americans have degrees, so whoever does not have it get the **** out of this country."

False premise.  The majority of Americans are not Christians by any means, else we would not continue to murder children in the womb or celebrate sexual depravity and idolatry.

"3. God we trust on dollar bill? it was added during cold war since the USSR was atheist nation. "

Ok, but that does not make the USA a Christian nation by any means.

"4. U want to bring God back to school? your god or all the other gods?"

God has never left the public school.  Public school have no power to stop prayer.

"5. U want decision of the supreme court to be based on christian principles then move to Iran ."

Do you understand that Iran is a Theocracy of Islam and has no toleration for Christians?  Do you understand that this is Constitutional Republic, so Christians have every right under the Constitution to be involved in politics and the public discourse just as Atheists do?  Not very tolerant of you.

• Nous
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

TRAITOR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The government of the United States of America is, in no sense, founded on the Christian religion. Treaty of Tripoli, Article 11. Ratified unanimously by the senate and signed by founding father and second president, John Adams, in 1797. 

The U.S. Constitution is a secular document. It begins, "We the people," and contains no mention of "God" or "Christianity." Its only references to religion are exclusionary, such as, "no religious test shall ever be required as a qualification to any office or public trust" (Art. VI), and "Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof" (First Amendment). The presidential oath of office, the only oath detailed in the Constitution, does not contain the phrase "so help me God" or any requirement to swear on a bible (Art. II, Sec. 1, Clause 8). 

Homeland Security is having to put more and more time and resources into tracking christians who seek to tear up the constitution, destroy democracy and foment a second civil war to install a Christian dictatorship!

A chilling warning was issued to US police forces about the threat of a rise in violent right and left wing Christian extremist groups!

Seems these people are not just a bigger threat to American freedoms than external terrorists but completely anti American!

If you are so UNCHRISTIAN and UNAMERICAN you cannot stand living in a democracy with all it’s hard won freedoms, Constitution and human rights why have you not emigrated to North Korea?!

Thankfully Federal Law bars people like yourself with extremist religious views from the military and several Federal jobs and any form of security clearance!

The NSA monitors all posts so should have identified you and passed your details to the relevant Federal Agencies!

Employers now check the social media of applicants so you could be making you unemployable!!!!!!

• 2 months ago

I think you're trolling, I think you're probably not even an American.  Nevertheless, l'll humor you for a moment.

The U.S.A. was indeed founded largely on Christian principles.  BUT ONE OF THOSE PRINCIPLES IS "THE GOLDEN RULE,"  "Do unto others as you would have them do unto you."

That surely means that no one should interfere with another's practice of religion--even when that religion is not the same as one's own, or different from the religion of the majority.  The Founding Fathers clearly understood that, and that without freedom OF THOUGHT, freedom to believe and talk about whatever you like, any other kind of freedom is worthless.  They wanted people of all faiths or no faith to know that here in America they could practice their beliefs without government interference.

I'm a Christian, and very proud to be 😀  But I am ALSO an AMERICAN, and I'm proud of that too.  I love my country, and it makes me very happy to know that people of all religions, all faiths or no faith can live in peace here in America, without fearing for their families or their own lives.

• 2 months ago

America colonies belong to the Church of England had divorce them after the tea Tiff  became the epipiscalians 

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Anonymous
    2 months ago

About 2001. When Bush Jr. said Muslims hate Jesus.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

I'm torn here. You make some wonderful points, and I wish more people understood them. But this isn't technically a question.

• Rayal
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

When "did"......................  

• 2 months ago

WHEN THE PILGRIMS ARRIVED AT PLYMOUTH ROCK!! IVE SEEN THAT ROCK AND IT IS SO AWESOME...1620 IT SAYS WOW..FIRST THANKSGIVING WAS WITH THE INDIANS.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.