chris asked in SportsBasketball · 1 month ago

Do you think the corona virus had an effect on the NBA this year? ?

Do you think the nba finals would have been different if we didn’t have the corona virus this year? I am sure a lot of the teams weren’t able to play as good with some of their players being out or not having the crowd cheering them on. The lakers couldn’t even make the playoffs last year and this year they win the finals

7 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

Yes.  Their pea-brains were compromised and, as a result, the NBA suffered from BLM Disease during their time in the bubble, which acted as a vector for the spread of such a disease. 

• 1 month ago

Yes no home court advantage

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

yes, they had to play in a 'bubble' at Disneyworld, where you been the last 6 months?

• 1 month ago

The biggest effect was not having to travel or have fans in the stands. This year's Lakers were a different team with Davis.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 1 month ago

It sure did have its effects, some of the contender teams uncharacteristically broke down during the playoffs. I do believe fans cheering in person have a big impact in energizing teams and that could have played a big role and prevented the collapse of some teams like the Bucks and Clippers.

Disagree with the Lakers part though. Lakers got better because they retooled most of their line up and they got AD. Their success this season had nothing to do with the covid handicapping other teams.

• It's impacted all sports.  Truncated/shortened seasons, different playoff systems, changes in how teams travel to games, and a host of other issues.  We'll never know if the Lakers would have won had there not been COVID but history shows they were the winners. 

• ?
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

i think thats possible

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.