Would you allow this?

I was supposed to have a friend stay over for a few days, but I said no because the numbers of covid cases where she lives are very high. I have this friend on Instagram, and over the past couple of days, she's posted photos of her meeting her NEWBORN nephew, holding him. Her brother lives hours away from her, so she or he would have had to travel for this meeting to happen. I told her I couldn't believe her brother would allow someone from a currently dangerous city to go anywhere near a newborn defenseless baby. I am so furious. I hate it when children are put at risk. She snapped back at me saying I'm not better because I visit my little sister (who's 4) all the time without a mask and she lives an hour away, and she pointed out that I travel every day to spend time with a baby that I'm not related too. First of all, my area has very low numbers of covid cases. Second, my dad also lives in an area where the numbers are low, and I only see my sister every few months. Third, I am a daytime nanny to that baby I see every day, and I only travel across town. That is my job, I have to be near that baby every day, it is my job to take care of him while his parents work. Anyway, the purpose of the question is, would you allow someone from a high-risk area come anywhere near your newborn baby, related or not?

It has been proven any age can catch covid. Lots of children and young adults have died from it. 

if she wasnt sick there was nothing wrong with it

I would not allow anyone except immediate family to come near, and even then, depending upon their exposure and health status, no matter whether they lived in a high risk area or not. The safest thing is NO outside contact, pure and simple, for the duration. So my answer, Marlene, is a big fat NO. This is now your 506th answer.

Babies aren't aren't at risk. It would be more concerning if this was an elderly person with heath issues.