I get calls from my boss late at night for work. I also have my family to take care of. What do I do?

• T J

Turn off your phone. Start looking for a new job.

Define family hours for your situation. At 7:00 PM (as an example) turn your phone off and pay attention to kids and hubby. If boss asks why you didn't pick up, tell her/him that family time starts at 7:00. If he will not recognize work/life balance, update your resume.

• Mary

You turn your phone off unless you are hired to work at night or be on call. Otherwise get a new job

Try talking to your boss in a professional way and explain your perspective. In a subtle manner, tell him to stick to the work hours of the office. Sometimes it is okay, but you need to check if it happens very often. ‘Stress Diaries’, by Dr. Rachna Khanna Singh, helped me out by offering accounts of similar experiences faced by others and the solutions they used.

• R

You stop taking calls from your boss outside of your work hours.