Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Social ScienceOther - Social Science · 2 months ago

Do you associate tattoos  with the working class ?

So I’m studying at college in a working class city and I’ve noticed how even the manager or senior manager have tattoos and compared to where I’m from it’s considered to be cheap, trashy and low class. You wouldn’t even see a professional with a tattoo and it’s wrong and low class. 

• User

No.

I associate them with people who make poor choices.

Social class is not evidently relevant.

I associate it with stupidity, human vandalisation and some form of mental instability.  Why would anyone want to permanently mark their skin with a picture they are most likely to go off in the future?

Do you consider David Beckham working class?

Tattoos are more cultural plus related to people who take more attention to their looks..hence not commonly found among professionals and academics as it will be looked at as more focused on physique than brain..yet its all arbitrary. 

• Gabe

I associate them with the NONworking class!!!!!!!!

Not these days.  Things have changed.

I think tattoos are "stupid class."