If you don’t put effort in your romantic relationship will your feelings go away? ?

By this question I mean putting work into your relationship and choosing to love instead of just being lackadaisical in your actions toward them. 

• T J

If you are not putting a effort in, you have no feelings to lose.

• Jen

No because by not putting any effort into it will make you feel guilty. I’ve been in relationships where I worked so hard for the relationship but grew tired of it and hate him. Gifting and doing something nice for someone is a physical thing, it doesn’t tie to the heart. Although it’s unconditional, you can’t feel anything for them. It’s the same thing as when you’re walking into a store and you’re holding the door open for the person behind you. You’re doing a good deed but it doesn’t mean you love them. Eventually you’ll grow tired of them for not reciprocating their love. It’s not sexy to be in an unrequited love relationship. It’s only sexy when it’s equal. Both people pleasing each other.