Why was the country shut down but opened again after more coronavirus cases?    ?

Happens also here where I live. In spring, we had a handful cases, there was a social distance order in place for 4 weeks. You could go to a doctor and buy groceries and that was it.  

Now we have more than 100 cases and all is open including schools, playground, barbershops, you name it.   

How come it was closed with less cases and open with more cases? Do I miss something?

It was closed to delay the onset of large numbers of cases until the hospitals had time to prepare.  Now that the hospitals can handle more cases, things are more open.

No one really has a handle on this. My state has been on a pretty hard lockdown since March and is still the national hotspot. Of course the fact that these measures still allow unlimited street protests might be part of the problem. 

• Audrey

People are fed up with masks and distancing. So things just opened up. Thank God!