Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingGrade-Schooler · 2 months ago

Where do cars 🚘 go to be put to rest? What happens to old cars?

Our car got creamed by a drunk driver in the parking lot while we were in the store. The entire front end was destroyed and mangled. 

They towed the car away, and mom says that the car is going to be put to rest. Where do cars go at the end of their lives?

Do they get set out in a beautiful place somewhere where they can Rest With flowers 💐 placed over the damaged parts of the cars?

Is everyone who walks the grounds of the auto graveyard pretty? The tow people are nasty 🤢 and ugly and I don’t want them to be the ones who put our car to rest.

Does it go to rest in a pasture? 

What happens to old cars

The drunk driver was an ugly woman with yellow crooked teeth and she was taken away by the police 🚔? Where did the police take her? Mom says that the driver had been drinking “bad drinks” and she Smelled like weeds?

Cars are organ donors.  They contribute parts so that other ailing cars can live.  

• art

they go to a scrapyard where anything valueable is removed from it and sold , the car is then crushed and the metal is melted into new sheets of metal to make anything from drinks cans to new cars, the glass and plastic is usually just thrown away

Cars get taken to a salvage yard and torn apart to be recycled. They aren't living things, they're machines. They don't have feelings or emotions. As for the woman who hit you, she was likely taken to jail for driving under the influence of drugs, alcohol, or both.

It's a bit mean to call those people 'ugly' it's what's on the inside that matters. 

But onto the car. 

Most cars are put in either junkyards or landfills. Don't worry, my car was handled nicely by the people there, who were great. They didn't damage my car any further. I didn't put flowers on my car, but if you want to, you could go visit and put flowers on the car I suppose. Cars don't exactly go to heaven, but I'm sure that the tow-people are great and will handle the situation fine. Your mum is right since yes, the car will be 'put to rest'. But it's up to you to make sure you remember the car, or give it flowers if you want ;D

that junkyard in the sky

• Willie

They may end up back in your home as something else such as part of a bed frame or part of a new vehicle.

• Rick

junkyards ........................................