Why do people think all or nearly all of todays music is rubbish when it's not?

There's some really good music today. In every decade there's some good music and rubbish music. Right now i'm listening to July by Youth Lagoon from 2011. It's a modern song and it sounds really really good. Not all of todays music is rubbish with overgenerated noise and words being run into each other! Why do people think all or nearly all of todays music is rubbish when it's not?

2 Answers

Relevance
  • Tony B
    Lv 4
    2 months ago

They think that because that's what they hear, and that's what seems to be popular. I'm 66 but I agree with you that there's some great music around. You don't find it by looking at the charts, watching TV or listening to mainstream radio though.

• Blah
    Lv 6
    2 months ago

Because people apparently don't know how to search for music thats not played on the radio and are stuck in the old music is the best and don't know how to expand their horizon.

They also forget that there was plenty of rubbish back then too.  A lot of my favorite music is the ones with less 100k views on youtube, there's some amazing stuff out there. We have more music now than ever before and more access to unknown artists, of course there's gonna be some incredible stuff. 

Honestly there's some good popular songs too. And probably the good stuff is what will stick around and in another 20 years people will be saying the same type of stuff about todays music. 

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.