How Long Does The Side Affects Of The Flu Shot Last?

So what are the side affects of a flu shot?

How long does each of the side affects last?

Do people still go do their daily stuff with the side affects in affect/happening? Or they act as they have the common' aces and pain for the time being.

IF the flu shot does have any side affects, would it mean it does not work, etc...., that it bad? Have get another shot?

I never got the flu shot the last four and half years. I thinking about with Covid-19.  Been very lucky so far. Plus I really hate the feel ofof a needle shot.

Sorry didn't look, what I meant was common cold type aces and pain for the time being.

• Tavy

I had mine on saturday. I felt a bit warm sunday morning and a slight sore arm. Tuesday All gone. I have never known anyone have a bad reaction to it.

• Shay

My husband and I have had the flu shot for the last five years.

Neither of us have ever become actually "sick" after getting the shot.  I have really only known one person that actually gets flu like symptoms after getting the flu shot.

My husband has almost no symptoms after getting it.  Sometimes the injection sight area might bother him for a day or two, but it is very mild.

I have an injection sight reaction - the area around the injection becomes very tender.  The skin around the injection sight usually feels very warm to the touch - but ONLY near and around the injection sight.  The area is sometimes very red.  I usually describe it as feeling like someone decided to use my arm as a punching bag.  (It feels like someone hit me either very hard or repeatedly.)  But I never get sick and never have any aches or pain other than about a four to six inch circle around the injection sight.  (my doctor has told me this is a "normal" reaction that some people get.)  My reaction to the shot usually lasts for about two to four days.  It is usually the worst about 12 hours after the shot and gets gradually better.  

No reaction to the shot does not mean it didn't work.  It just means that you didn't have a reaction to getting the shot.  

Most people do anything and everything they normally.  You don't have to miss work.  The flu shot does not make you contagious - so you can go about all your normal routines.  

You can talk to your doctor or pharmacist about what to expect before you get the shot.  

side effects are minimal to zero for most people, maybe a bit of an achy arm lasts a day or two. Some people will a bit "fluy" as the immune system responds, last again a day or so.  For almost all, there is no impediment to daily life tasks, There really aren't aches and pains.  And no, if there are or arent side effects doesnt mean anything about it effectiveness

I've had a flu shot every year for at least the last 10 years and have never had any side effects.  Nor has anybody I know.