Ryan
Lv 7
Ryan asked in SportsFootballEnglish Football · 4 weeks ago

Did any of you see Guardiola a few days ago complaining "the demands on modern players make injuries inevitable."?

He said this after Gabriel Jesus played 90 minutes and it was revealed after the game he picked up a small injury. 

City players had over a month off since they lost to lyon. after the epl season ended games were a lot more spaced out. City ended the league season, 3 days later they played in the FA Cup quarter final but then didn't play for something like 3 weeks after that, when they lost the semis, they didn't play again for almost another 3 weeks when they beat Real Madrid, they played Lyon the week after and lost and had over one month to prepare for the new season. 

They had loads of time off once the epl season ended in June and Jesus gets injured in the first game of the season, maybe it's you who is doing something wrong there Pep. This has got to be one of the silliest things I've heard from a manager. Also unlike other players I don't think Jesus had to even play international games like the European players did so what is this bald man talking about. Your player plays 90 minutes of the season opener and you are complaining about demands on modern players? i don't see other clubs who played more games at the end of the season with similar issues. Man United seem to have a fully fit squad and their players played more games than your lot did pre covid I'm pretty sure 

1 Answer

Relevance
  • August
    Lv 6
    4 weeks ago

His quote is quite correct but surely not after the first game. Every player "wants" to play and the rotation nonsense that these foreign managers insist on just is another spin. It really is tough titty on Man C but good news for Leeds  

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.