Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Social SciencePsychology · 3 weeks ago

Is autism a valid reason for assisted suicide?

I don’t like life, I rather find it to be a bad deal that I never asked for. I would rather simply not exist and I’m planning on going to Switzerland for assisted suicide when it becomes possible. The reason I want this is because I find life to be an unnecessary burden, but I’m not sure that they’d accept that reason. I am diagnosed with mild autism, is this something I can use? 

The places where assisted suicide is legal don't recognize autism as a valid reason to end life.

Quite commonly, the people contemplating suicide who do not suffer untreatable pain or life-ending illness are depressed. Treat the depression and the suicidal ideation goes away.

• Chanel

Suicidal feelings do not last but when your mood is so low it is hard to think outside the box.

You should get help from your doctor and the mental health people.

We are all on this earth for a purpose. Don't put yourself down. Please do not think about suicide.

I knew a person who has severe depression and acute anxiety. She has a relapse from time to time but other times she is happy and gets everything done. She told me she lives for the highs.

People learn to deal with this but therapy is essential. 

When you’re looking at things through depression glasses,  everything look worse. Recover and things will look very different. Problems that seemed hopeless will suddenly have obvious solutions.

I have advice from experts about depression in my recent answers. Click on my name and read.

The most important thing is knowing how to cope in a moment of crisis. It's very important to calm down. This will make you feel better and let you think clearly.

A very easy way to calm down is just to breathe slowly. A doctor recommends inhale to a count of 4, exhale to 6. You'll feel better in 5 min or less.

Also, simple distractions can be very good. This video has suggestions. It also has a very good hotline. No one will bother you if you call.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1yBXl81QPyY

Youtube thumbnail

&t=7s