Is it difficult to address the person you knew as your sister, as you brother when he identifies his gender?

12 Answers

Relevance
  • 4 weeks ago

it's probably hard in the beginning, but you get used to it. I used a trick when I first learned my friend is trans, I would often use ''bro'' and ''my man'' when talking to him just to remind myself he's a man. After a few weeks/months on T, when he started ''passing'' it was easier because my binary brain saw a beard and said WELL THIS AIN'T A GIRL

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Hell no. Cadaver obedience. Just stow it. Stuff your feelings and suck it up, stick out your hand and say, "How do you do, sir". Thinking too much screws everything up. Nobody cares about your damn feelings. Just make yourself walk through it and take it step by step.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

No loving sibling should ever give in to his brother's delusional thoughts.

It helps no one when trannies are coddled and catered to.  

• 1 month ago

It is difficult to adjust, but as long as you put in a conscious effort and don't purposely use the wrong pronouns, there's no problem.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 1 month ago

Well my sister isn’t trans but my friends are genderfluid and trans. I do use both of their correct pronouns out loud but it took me a year to stop thinking or my trans friend as a girl. When you’re talking or texting you can pause and think about it. As long as you’re doing your best to remember your brothers correct pronouns (like actually trying) that should be good. It takes a bit of time internally. 

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Depends on the person. 

• Sky
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

It might take a little while to get used to, but all it would take is a conscious effort to acknowledge who he is and affirm his gender with the correct pronouns that he wants people to use, as well as a new name if he changed it.  It would also help to talk with him to learn about his gender identity to gain not only understanding but acceptance.

• 1 month ago

Not if you speak Finnish.

• 1 month ago

It might be difficult at first, but then one adjusts and things change to a new normal. Eventually you start to see that person as they see themselves.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

my sister is married to a man who has a transgendered son

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.