How to be more attractive and avoid the friend zone?

I know I hear it a lot that there's no way out of the friend zone but I feel like my case is a bit different, and there's a possibility. Me and this person have been dating for a few months now, sex, kissing and everything else a relationship would have. Today however we had a long tearful phone call where she told me she stopped feeling attracted to me in a relationship way mainly because of the things I say my awkwardness etc. 

I've heard this my whole life and I really want to break the cycle this was the love of my life and I don't want to lose her. She admitted that I was still physically attractive, but she said what I pretty much agree with is I'm not really a hunk or that suave guy you see in movies when it comes to things I say and do in real life. I always freeze when it comes to going in for a kiss, touching, holding hands or anything like that. She said that maybe we can give it another try in a few months and I really don't want to mess this up what should I do? I'm sorry even though I'm an adult I'm new to all of this and just really awkward and bad at portraying myself in a good way or showing who I really am.

Update:

@Pearl L I would love counseling, but I'm not sure where to go I will look into it

@Anonymous that could be true, but I'd be stupid to give up altogether especially if she's letting me take her on another date

Update 2:

@Anonymous I would completely understand, and I would certainly give her space if that were the case, but I just personally don't think that's 100% it. When we spoke it seemed like she was somewhat hopeful. We're not kids if she didn't want me to keep trying she would have just told me there's nothing I can do. In fact I can ask her tonight if she was just trying to let me down nicely when she said that or does she genuinely want to try again.

Update 3:

@Anonymous To be as respectful as I can I also don't feel as if that's true... Again we weren't just best friends, we were intimate for months and then things started to fall off... I don't feel like every relationship in the world is a death sentence once they say lets take a break and try again lol. Maybe there are just some issues that need to be worked on, as simple as that. 

2 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

Her saying, "maybe we can give it another try in a few months" is her way of letting you down easy. She doesn't want a relationship with you. Not now. Not ever. Respect her space and move on.

ETA:

It would be stupid of you to not respect her boundaries and continue to push the issue. She has made it clear in her way that she is not interested.

ETA:

Dude, come on. Common sense is your friend. If she was truly interested and wanted a relationship she would be with you RIGHT NOW. She wouldn't be telling you, "let's wait a few months". You have blinders on. Wake up and stop being so naive.

• 4 weeks ago

maybe you should get some counseling

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.