Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 4 weeks ago

Atheists, are you jealous that Fred Phelps is smarter than you?

He graduated high school at the age of 16 years old with high honors and ranking fourth in his class of 223 students. 

No, you were supposed to be ashamed by how stupid you are.

• Nous

How unintelligent do you have to be to post to add to the evidence the religious lack the intelligence of the atheists!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Research repeatedly shows atheists are 7.8% more intelligent than the religious.

Only 7% of Americas Academy of science and 3% of the UK’s royal Academy are Christian!

Neuroscientists have conducted the most comprehensive brain mapping to date of the cognitive abilities measured by the Wechsler Adult Intelligence Scale (WAIS), the most widely used intelligence test in the world.

The results show that the various factors that comprise a high or low IQ score

depend on particular regions of the brain.

The WAIS test is composed of four indices of intelligence, each consisting of several subtests, which together produce a full-scale IQ score. The four indices are the verbal comprehension index, which represents the ability to understand and to produce speech and use language; the perceptual organization index, which involves visual and spatial processing, such as the ability to perceive complex figures; the working memory index, which represents the ability to hold information temporarily in mind (similar to short-term memory); and the processing speed index.

With the exception of processing speed, which appears scattered throughout the brain, the lesion mapping showed that the other three cognitive indices really do depend on specific brain regions.

For example, lesions in the left frontal cortex were associated with lower scores on the verbal comprehension index; lesions in the left frontal and parietal cortex (located behind the frontal lobe) were associated with lower scores on the working memory index; and lesions in the right parietal cortex were associated with lower scores on the perceptual organization index.

The study also revealed a large amount of overlap in the brain regions responsible for verbal comprehension and working memory, which suggests that these two now-separate measures of cognitive ability may actually represent the same type of intelligence, at least as assessed using the WAIS.

It matters not if they are atheist because of this new type of intelligence or get it because they are atheist – it is a totally different and far more efficient process!!

Also please note a meta-analysis by Personality and Social Psychology Review of 63 studies showed a significant negative association between intelligence and religiosity.

In addition atheists have been found to live longer, suffer far less memory loss, Alzheimer’s and have less incidents of diabetes and other complaints!

Other research shows believers have diminished intelligence because they rely on intuition and not facts and that the strength of religious conviction is inversely linked with intellect. It is so clear that Agnostics are smarter than believers but less intelligent than atheists!

California Institute of Technology (Caltech)

National Institutes of Health

Akademie der Naturforscher Leopoldina

Personality and Social Psychology Review

Imperial College London

• Mike

Well, that's just wonderful for Fred.  How does someone else's accomplishments affect me?

• Doc

What's that got to do with the fact he was an @sshole ?

Hmm, I had a class of 3 people (yeah weird), It gets worse as arguably I was in the middle third of my class because most of my classes were college level and the person in the top third was taking mostly freshman level "basket weaving classes". I'm saying this because you are basically using an "ad populum" argument, think about it a bit, you will see why.... 

On the other hand, I know it is abhorrent and immoral to mix politics with religion, which is something that "Fred Philips" is clueless about.

• Acetek

Lets see Phelps is dead and his daughter left that disgusting church of his. 

some of them might be but they might be smart too

He also graduated law school at the age of 20 years old and became a highly successful civil rights lawyer. 

• Big whoop. The old fart wasn't smart enough not to found a hate group.

Ain't no big thang. I graduated high school at the age of 17 years old with high honors and ranking 12 in my class of 802 students. Unfortunately, I was barred from attending graduation ceremonies for several reasons that  I won't get into.

Sorry, was I supposed to be impressed by that?