Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsFamily · 1 month ago

Should I go to my sister's engagement party?

So my sister just got engaged and my family is having a party for her on Saturday. The problem is I hate my sister but I also don't want my other family members getting pissed at me. Should I go or make up an excuse? 

Just go for a bit lol

There should come a time in your life where you mature and learn to be cordial with someone. You don’t have to like someone to be cordial. Grow up. Be mature. Obviously I don’t know the history of why you hate her but at the end of the day she is your sister. Wouldn’t you want to make amends take baby steps, and have a relationship? Because when your parents die you and your siblings is all you have. If you have kids they’re going to ask why you don’t talk to aunt. And if she has kids don’t you want to be a part of them and be an aunt? Life is too short. Put on your woman panties on and be cordial. 

If I were you, I’d just stay for an hour and leave 

I get the feeling you're going to do what you want no matter what kind of answers you get. 

To hell with your family.Do not want to go, do not go. Family is nothing, you do not need a excuse they already know you hate her, so why go to something that will make her happy, you are not happy for her. Going to please others is wrong. Do you give a damn about them?

thats up to you

• .

Go, to stay on good terms with the rest of the family. Yes it's her engagement party, and everything will be about her and her partner. Just go and have a good time with other family. Also you will be gaining a new family member "a brother in law" this should be a special day for him too, so make a good impression on that side of your sister's new family.

If you go, you will score social points with the family you like and with her new husband and her in laws to be.

It could be a win/win situation depending how well you play your cards.

Now if your sister tries to start something, that will be the time to exit the party gracefully and cheerfully, that way no one will know the wiser.

Why do you hate her?  Its your decision on this one.

You should just suck it up and go. She’s your sister. You’re more likely to regret not going than regret going. 

thats up to you