Suddenly Slow Computer?

For about a week, I've been having connectivity issues to games but I've been attributing that to wifi. Earlier today, I got on my computer and it ran like absolute garbage. Pages not loading, typing lagging heavily, it taking 2 minutes to load into google meets then kicking me for having my camera on, Sims 4 loading like it's Sims 3 then being virtually unplayable because of lag, etc. It's not an old computer-- I got it December of 2019, it doesn't need to update, I haven't installed any new programs, and I've run an sfc scan and a DISM restore health to no avail. I'm certain it's not a network issue because things like the start button menu and offline games take forever to load or don't load period.

Do I have any options other than to reset my computer entirely? I already had to go down that route earlier this year when my file explorer stopped working and it's a pain to manually backup files. Thank you in advance for any advice.

Update:

For reference, it is a laptop. I'm not sure I have the option to replace any hardware.

Update 2:

When I said my laptop doesn't need to update, I meant that it's up-to-date.

2 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

You do need to update your laptop...

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Sounds like a failing hard drive or SSD. Reinstalling your operating system might not help. You could buy a new drive and clone the contents of the old drive to it, and then try the usual repair methods. It won't fix any corrupted personal files, though.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.