What's the greatest horror movie of all time?

I would say The Shining is the greatest of all time.  What's your opinion?

The Shining for sure.

The Thing 1982 then Dawn of the Dead 1978 are probably my second and third favorites but The Shining is the clear horror masterpiece I think. Many other great ones mentioned here too.

• Elaine

Tod Browning's "Freaks".  

Halloween and Phantasm.

I'm too scared to watch it because I've always heard it was hella scary. So, of all the horror movies, that is the one I refuse or at least havent ventured out to wartch. I didnt even give Dr. Sleep a try because it is supposed to be related to Shining. So, maybe it is? Im not sure 😉

If you think The Shining is the greatest horror movie of all time, geez, I'm not even going to attempt an answer. It's on my list of most boring horror movies.

Alien and Halloween

Met be The Best Horror Movie of All Time. Invasion of the Body Snatchers (1978) An American Werewolf in London (1981

• Jesere

The book was better.

I say Halloween 2

The Texas Chainsaw Massacre(original, not the uninspired gorefest that was the remake)