Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsFamily · 4 weeks ago

My brother is in town. What do I do if my mother does not welcome me over when he is there due to my sister's presence ?

My sister hates me and my mother enables her bullying of me and abuse. 

Update:

Dan S: I was asked by my mother not to come to Thanksgiving last year until after the mean when my sister has left. I got there for the tale end of desert and that was it. This year my father said he would stick up for me there. MY parents have nothing against me but they fear my sister. 

6 Answers

Relevance
  • dman63
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago
    Favourite answer

Invite your brother over to your home, or meet up with him somewhere like a park or restaurant.  As for your mom, I think you and your dad need to sit her down and straighten her out in regards to your sister.  SHE’S the one who should be told to stay away from family gatherings until she smartens up.  NOT YOU.

• Pearl
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

ask your brother if you can see him somewhere else

• J P
    Lv 4
    4 weeks ago

I had that with in-laws and I just flat out quit coming around. It's really bad for your mental and even physical health to be around that. Recommendations from other commenters to see your brother privately are on target.

• Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

Try to call your brother and have him meet you at a park or someplace near. He must know what is going on with your sister and mom, or you can invite him to your home.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 4 weeks ago

So don't go over. Arrange to see your brother privately. Were you really unable to work that out?

• Dan S
    Lv 4
    4 weeks ago

You must have interesting Thanksgiving family meals.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.