Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthMental Health · 4 weeks ago

Hearing a voice and feeling someone touching you when no one is there?

Last night when i woke up I heard this guys voice right behind me i knew no one was behind me but it sounded so real then he asked if i wanted to cuddle and felt an arm reach around me and still no one was there. I started freaking out i have no idea what it was and honestly i sound really crazy right now this is the first time this has ever happened and i tried looking up to see if anyone else experienced this but all i found was  results of schizophrenia. If anyone knows what the hell happened please lmk

Hypnopompic hallucinations. When it happens just before falling asleep it's known as hypnagogic hallucinations. Perfectly normal but some of them can be scary. As you don't mention being awake and unable to move it wasn't sleep paralysis.

It might have been some sleep paralysis. Some people get sleep paralysis right when they start to wake up, so it seems like that.

• Marty

The human mind can often play tricks on a person, especially when sleeping or when tired. I wouldn't give it another thought.  Unless of course it fulfills some fantasy of yours.