Asep
Asep asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 3 weeks ago

Agree or disagree: Republicans do not care about the poor?

Disagree completely.   Care for the poor or any other human isn't based in politics, it is based on the heart. 

There used to be a movement called Compassionate Conservatism. It was popular when Reagan was President and Thatcher was PM in the UK.

But today, the only way Reagan would be President would be as a Democrat.

Disagree. It's been proven that Republicans give more to charity than Democrats. Democrats want all the money to go to govt.

Sure they do.. I mean some of them I bet. They don't care I bet about the dangerous souplesss heartless ones tho I bet. Who put their lives in danger. And is probably the reason why the hate for them is so high and they want to exterminate them. The good peaceful white ones tho I'm sure they'd have absolutely no problem whatsoever helping.. 

Generally speaking I would have to disagree. Republicans are usually better at taking actions for the poor, whereas Democrats favor lip service for the poor for the sake of virtuous signaling. For example, Republicans are for charter schools and the freedom of school choice, which would provide better education to lift people up. The Democrats are not for better education, only lip service for better education to take our money but not educate our children with it.

"I am for doing good to the poor, but I differ in opinion of the means. I think the best way of doing good to the poor, is not making them easy in poverty, but leading or driving them out of it. In my youth I travelled much, and I observed in different countries, that the more public provisions were made for the poor, the less they provided for themselves, and of course became poorer. And, on the contrary, the less was done for them, the more they did for themselves, and became richer."  Benjamin Franklin

I think Mr. Franklin cared a lot about "the poor" who both of you failed to define.  Most Republicans I know are against all of the unconstitutional, communist welfare state programs being used as vote buying campaigns today.

How you stand politically does not tell a person who you care about or if you care at all. Democrats are viewed as more caring because they want more government assistance. All they are doing is buying votes though, and they do want bigger government. Republicans typically want smaller government and less handouts, they believe in people taking care of themselves. Does that mean they don't care? I do know that Republicans are more likely to give freely to church and to other charities. 

• Mike L

I don't think any politician does. 

Disagree.  President Trump cares about all Americans and he is getting jobs for the unemployed poor.

Too broad a brush to agree or disagree with.