Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureOther - Society & Culture · 4 weeks ago

why is it that most men I come across don't actually mature until 40 ?

• Paul

Men and women are usually more mature at 40 then 30, more mature at 30 than 20.

• rick60

they want to be wild and not grow up

Society hasn't really encouraged people to mature if you've noticed! Look at shows on T.V. and movies displaying AND praising A LOT of immature behavior!... If a society enables people to live with their parents as long as possible (because housing is through the roof and everything costs money), then what do will end up happening?! Yes exactly. A lot of immature "boys" that can't get off mommy's teet! They still live in mommy and daddy's house (basement) playing Call of Duty or whatever latest video game out there right now and working at Walmart or whatever next minimum wage job there is! ...Now I'm not completely blaming them as I said it's also society's fault! EVERYTHING IS SO GOD DAMN COSTLY and what's worse is that the ones with the money (and lots of it) sometimes don't even DESERVE it! They either inherited it through family or played some type of dirty, shady activity to get it! 

Not only that but a lot of guys buy into the MGTOW (Men Go Their Own Way), in which they say to themselves that marriage and a family isn't for them! They don't want the "responsibility" and then after the wife divorces him and takes his house and kids away and bleeds him dry, he's left with his shoes and a carpet or whatever else of little value! Basically financially raping him! ...If you do research on the internet, you'll discover these things! They bad mouth women just like INCELS do! Which is ANOTHER piece of sh*t category of men! These INCELS are DORKS that complain and whine and are bitter because they cannot get women they think they deserve! Yet these men are probably the ones to typically emotionally abuse their women if they do manage to land one! 

Source(s): 36, Asian Filipina and have done my research online!

I'm 57 and I'm trying to avoid maturity, as much as I can. I've found that many people think maturity is that bland, characterless, sheep-like behavior, where people lose all traces of a personality.

LOL, I guess it depends where you are looking. Maturity among adults usually involves increased levels of responsibility and emotional intelligence--how well do they navigate social situations, etc. Granted, I have met biological adults whose maturity levels seems to have frozen somewhere in the teen years--actually drug use and alcohol use in adolescence can slow the rate of maturity, but the results aren't pretty. Neurologically, males and females usually have fully developed frontal lobes of the brain which control executive (judgement) functions by their mid-20s. That is why teens often do stupid things (they literally are missing part of the brain that hasn't fully developed). Sometimes neurological impairments, such as autism can affect development. As for your presumably adult men, I come back to what levels of responsibility they have in their lives, goals and emotional intelligence. 

You might want to ask yourself where you are meeting men. Perhaps, a change in scenery might net better results. Best of luck. 

I really started growing up big-time when I hit 70.  It's a long process, and often not very pretty.

I personally don't want to "mature". Because what most women mean by that is being a doormat who would pay their bills and afford for them and buy them a house as they sleep with their primary guy in secret.

Because you come across a lot of immature men? Most men mature by age 37. 

A Japanese study into the growing percentage of immature men found that after World War 2, men suddenly didn't have a need to join the army to prove their manliness. From there, they became immature and indifferent to relationships and marriage, even to sex. 

See the attached Wikipedia article on "Herbivore men".

I concur that men mature slower than women. However, women stop maturing after 25-years-old. Some of them regress after that. So, in the end, a man may not fully mature until he's 40-years-old, but he tends to keep growing in wisdom far beyond any woman.