Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Science & MathematicsMedicine · 4 weeks ago

Is it strange how they e-mailed me?

Usually for going for xrays or ultrasounds they would email or call me if something was wrong. I went for a chest xray they emailed me saying my chest xray is all clear. Isn't it weird how they emailed me my results were good even though they supposedly only do it when there is something severely wrong

• Mike

With the current pandemic, protocols may have been changed to email ALL results.

No not at all. More and more we let patients know any results good or bad, because it can be important. Many people hop clinics now and they can tell a provider "my last xray was clear..." etc. Many people just say I dont know when we ask about prior studies which is frustrating.  With EMRs it is easier to do this as well, and legally it makes sense because to never hear back and assume everything is good when it isn't leads to lawsuits.

There are some xray and ultrasound places that email or call and let the patient know the results even if the results are good and not only if there is something severely wrong. There are some places where they refuse to email or call you and the patient has to wait for an appointment with the doctor to find out the results even if they were good results. It isn't strange that they e-mailed you to tell you that your chest xray was all clear and be happy that they did.