Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingParenting · 1 month ago

Is it inappropriate for an 18 year old and a 24 year old to be friends?

8 Answers

Relevance
  • John P
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

No, it is fine. If at that sort of age you do not have contact with people of all ages you will not be a full rounded human being.

Even a romantic/sexual relationship is not illegal between people of 18 and 24, depending on the law where you are, though some people might not be happy with that idea. In most of the western world people are full adults at 18.  Check the law where you are.

• Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

No. They're both adults, and who they choose as their friends is their own affair. When I was 9, one of my earliest best friends was 21. I turned out okay, nothing happened to me because of that friendship. And I still keep in touch with that person occasionally.

• 4 weeks ago

I can't imagine why it would be. 

My best friend is 9 years younger than me. 

• 4 weeks ago

No my best friend is 14 years younger we are adults but when your adults it doesn't matter

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

It's okay as long as you choose the right friends. 

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

No. Friendships don’t have age limits, and there’s nothing inappropriate about being friends at any age, but an 18 year old is a legal adult so there’s definitely nothing wrong with that.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

No.  Why?  An 18 year old person is a legal adult so any relationship he or she has with an older person is absolutely legal.

• Jamies
    Lv 4
    1 month ago

There's absolutely nothing wrong with that by itself. It's not even illegal if they are more than friends.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.