Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingParenting · 1 month ago

Is it inappropriate for an 18 year old and a 24 year old to be friends?

• John P

No, it is fine. If at that sort of age you do not have contact with people of all ages you will not be a full rounded human being.

Even a romantic/sexual relationship is not illegal between people of 18 and 24, depending on the law where you are, though some people might not be happy with that idea. In most of the western world people are full adults at 18.  Check the law where you are.

No. They're both adults, and who they choose as their friends is their own affair. When I was 9, one of my earliest best friends was 21. I turned out okay, nothing happened to me because of that friendship. And I still keep in touch with that person occasionally.

I can't imagine why it would be. 

My best friend is 9 years younger than me. 

No my best friend is 14 years younger we are adults but when your adults it doesn't matter

It's okay as long as you choose the right friends. 

No. Friendships don’t have age limits, and there’s nothing inappropriate about being friends at any age, but an 18 year old is a legal adult so there’s definitely nothing wrong with that.

No.  Why?  An 18 year old person is a legal adult so any relationship he or she has with an older person is absolutely legal.

• Jamies

There's absolutely nothing wrong with that by itself. It's not even illegal if they are more than friends.