JJ
Lv 5
JJ asked in Society & CultureRoyalty · 4 weeks ago

Why do some contemporary female royals have poor fashion sense?

Considering their wealth and the availability of fashion consultants, why do some contemporary female royals have such poor fashion sense?  

10 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    4 weeks ago
    Favourite answer

They dress the way they feel most comfortable like most women.

Just because they are royal, it doesnt mean they have to be a clothes horse for every fashion consultant.

• Foofa
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

They have to be careful about appearing too out of touch by wearing only expensive high end designers. The Queen set the tone for this in the difficult postwar years when food rationing was still a thing and no one wanted to see their Queen spending frivolously. 

• 4 weeks ago

Kate always gets it right. But, she's a royal in-law with watered down aristo blood ties. I think that matters in this case, discussing taste and fashion within the royal circle. I LOVE her dresses. Lots of flounce hems and cute sleeves, and jewels with names.

The unfashionable are very fashionable amongst aristocratic courtiers. Baroness Fellowes is the perfect example of this. You've got to have very blue blood to pull THAT look off. She does. 

Now, for the royals. Princess Anne has that Fellowes look, albeit, more photo friendly. Stables are hen parties and that clique set the tone for Anne's wardrobe, thank God. The Olympics was nice, too. Prince Charles looks like a retired florist who won the lottery and collects war medals. 

• Clo
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

Money does not mean taste. Some people have great style, while others do not.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Because as Royals, they think they don't need to make the effort. 

• Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

You either have it or you don't.    The York girls didn't but recently seem to have sorted themselves out.    But then their mother wore some doozies although her figure didn't really help.   With most of the Royal women however, they dress for comfort and as appropriate for the occasion.   Not to be fashion icons.

• Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

Many are not interested in passing fashions. You will see Princess Anne often wearing classic clothes from a decade ago at least. There is some concession to changing tastes otherwise the women would all still be dressed like May of Teck.

• 4 weeks ago

They Like me cannot see the point in following Fashion

I had a suit made in Singapore in the sixties it wore out so i ordered another one Got measured and it is the same design but with a Button Hole in collar

and people would say Nice suit Fashion is for the stupid

at Home Boots Trousers and a T shirt now that is Fashion

• Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

In the case of Camilla, a hag is a hag — no matter how you try to dress her up. 

• Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

It’s just a matter of taste. There were lots of fashion style in the past that many would think as weird as well.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.