Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Food & DrinkBeer, Wine & Spirits · 1 month ago

If a baby had jaundice or some other liver damage or problems does that mean they can never drink alcohol as an adult?

• John P

I was told that I had jaundice as a baby.  I am now 74, and have drunk alcohol in moderation all my life. When I say 'all of my life' I mean from the age of about 7 years, in a family setting in Britain.

Very moderately. best not to drink at all ! At 15 i was told by the Family Doctor that i could never again, ever drink Alcohol ! I am now 63 ,Started drinking Alcohol b-4  I went to Kiddiegarden Class , at 15 i got Deadly sick, Mono/ Hep -B/ Yellow Jaundice thought i was going to die, it slowed me down 4 a little,when i started feeling better i was right back at it. I'm sure it took some years off my life, but that's on me .

No it doesn't 

I had jaundice as a child and so did my now wife.

We both drink and it has not damaged us.

I am 73 years old now and I have had my share of excessive drinking when I was younger.