kevin asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 2 months ago

Why are liberals against spending cuts?

America has a deficit in the trillions of dollar, so it only make sense to cut back on this spending. however why are liberals opposed to this?

7 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    2 months ago

before your preconvieved notions take effect on fiscal conservatism could you explain what a deficet is?

otherwise you cant back your claim since no one is out of money.

no one is out of money no one has lost money they simply didnt pass out as big corporate nest feathering and foriegn 'aid' payouts.

• Jas B
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

During the eight years of the Obama administration the national debt rose by $8 trillion, which works out at $1 trillion per year..

Trump  in less than four years has raised the national debt by $6.8 trillion, which works out at $1.7 trillion per year.  During this time Trump has made massive spending cuts, so where has that money gone, certainly not to the most vulnerable in society.

https://www.statista.com/statistics/187867/public-...

• Bryce
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Remember that during the first two years of the Trump administration when both houses of Congress were Republican, no spending cuts were passed, just tax cuts that made the deficit grow from $400 billion to over $1 trillion per year.

• Spence
    Lv 4
    2 months ago

They are only in favor of cutting police budgets these days.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • God
    Lv 5
    2 months ago

I all for spending cuts...where we can afford it. Social security is NOT where we can afford to cut. We need to increase social security. However, we now waste 54% of taxes on the military. THAT is where we need to cut spending. But heaven forbid! We might get attacked by Canada! Lol. 

• James
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

We are not, I for one support cutting spending, I suggest we start with the wars, the obsolete bases in foreign countries and all duplicated budget items. For example we have 17 intelligence agencies, 8 of which are in the Department of Defense.

• david
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Not true.  "Liberals" want to cut spending for prisons and for the people in charge of prisons.  Men go to prison and come out worse than when they went in.  Yes. we need prisons for murders, but for the 18-year-old caught with a couple of marijuana cigarettes??  Other countries have legalized drugs and drug use has decreased and become less of a problem.  ===  I also want to cut the military.  The US should NOT be acting like policemen for the world.  Let other countries take care of themselves. == Almost 1/2 o all spending is on the military but in other countries it is closer to 1/10 th.  I would really cut spending for all those wars in the Middle East.  They have been fighting for about 2000 years .. maybe more.  The US does not even understand the problems but we pretend we can fix them...  We cannot there is no 'fix'.

= = = Republicans want to cut social spending.  No more welfare.  Even cut Social Security.  But Social Security could easily pay for itself IF politiccians would stop taking that money to pay for wars.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.